Service Schedule for MK8 GTI
Looking for the service manual requirements for your VW MK8 GTI? We put together a quick and easy list of what is required at each service interval. The list shown below is 100% as per Volkswagen's recommended interval. Most MK8 owners who are meticulous about maintaining their vehicle will change their oil every 5k miles instead of 10k. Doing this is a matter of preference and you should consider doing what you believe to be the best choice for you.
What should I make sure I do if I am doing my own MK8 GTI maintenance?
If you have decided to maintain your own vehicle you should be sure to do a few things.
- Keep meticulous service records including mileage, date and proof of purchase of the parts. This is important because if you ever run into a warranty issue they may ask you for service records. Failing to produce these could result in a denial of a warranty claim.
- Make sure you are using oil that meets the required spec. As per the owners manual you can use 0w-20 but the oil must meet the required Volkswagen Spec of "VW 508 00". All of our MK8 GTI maintenance kits include oil that meets or exceeds this spec.
- Oil 0w-20 - OEM - VW Oil (508 00 Spec) 1 Liter
- Oil 0w-20 - Motul - Specific (508 00 Spec) 1 Liter
- Oil 0w-20 - Motul - Specific (508 00 Spec) 5 Liter
- Oil 0w-20 - Liquimoly - Top Tec 6200 (508 00 Spec) 1 Liter
- Oil 0w-20 - Liquimoly - Top Tec 6200 (508 00 Spec) 5 Liter
Maintenace Videos for your MK8 GTI from DAP - Coming soon
- How to Change your Oil
- How to Change your Oil without a Lift
- How to Reset your Service Light
- How to Change your Cabin (Pollen) Filter
- How to Change your Spark Plugs
- How to Change your Serpentine Belt
- How to Service your Manual Transmission
- How to Change your Front Wipers
- How to Change your Rear Wiper
- How to Perform a PP/Sport Diff Service
- How to Perform a Brake Flush
- How to Check your Brakes
MK8 GTI Service Schedule as Per VW's Requirements
|Oil an Filter Change|
|Cabin (Pollen) Filter Replacement|
|DSG Trans Fluid Service|
Manual Trans Fluid Service
Spark Plug Replacement
Engine Air Filter
Sport/ PP Diff Service
As per VW every 3yrs
|Brake Fluid Flush - 1st flush after 3 years, every 2 years for every following flush|
Serpentine Belt - Check belt and replace as needed
* Recommended per DAP
* As per Audi
Please note: The information we have listed above reflects the parts and or fluids that carry a recommended interval for replacement. It is always recomened to go over the vehicle thoroughly when servicing. VW has recommended intervals for inspecting items, like coolant levels/condition, axles, ball joints, hinges, lighting and many others. It is our estimation that these items should always be checked once a vehicle reaches higher mileage to ensure proper operation of your vehicle during every service.
Here is a quick reference guide for MK8 GTI Maintenance Parts
MK8 GTI Oil Change Kit with Oil Filter and OEM Oil
MK8 GTI Oil Change Kit with Oil Filter and Motul Oil
MK8 GTI Dust and Cabin Filter OEM
MK8 GTI DSG Service Kits
MK8 GTI 7 Speed DSG Maintenance Kit
MK8 GTI Manual Transmission Mission Fluid
MK8 GTI High Performance Brake Fluid (RBF600)
MK8 GTI Wiper Blade Set - Bosch
How're those A8 harness set-ups for the dynamic tail lights coming?
Hi Paul, Love the content and the Site!