Service Schedule for MK8 GTI
Looking for the service manual requirements for your VW MK8 GTI? We put together a quick and easy list of what is required at each service interval. The list shown below is 100% as per Volkswagen's recommended interval. Most MK8 owners who are meticulous about maintaining their vehicle will change their oil every 5k miles instead of 10k. Doing this is a matter of preference and you should consider doing what you believe to be the best choice for you.
What should I make sure I do if I am doing my own MK8 GTI maintenance?
If you have decided to maintain your own vehicle you should be sure to do a few things.
- Keep meticulous service records including mileage, date and proof of purchase of the parts. This is important because if you ever run into a warranty issue they may ask you for service records. Failing to produce these could result in a denial of a warranty claim.
- Make sure you are using oil that meets the required spec. As per the owners manual you can use 0w-20 but the oil must meet the required Volkswagen Spec of "VW 508 00". All of our MK8 GTI maintenance kits include oil that meets or exceeds this spec.
- Oil 0w-20 - OEM - VW Oil (508 00 Spec) 1 Liter
- Oil 0w-20 - Motul - Specific (508 00 Spec) 1 Liter
- Oil 0w-20 - Motul - Specific (508 00 Spec) 5 Liter
- Oil 0w-20 - Liquimoly - Top Tec 6200 (508 00 Spec) 1 Liter
- Oil 0w-20 - Liquimoly - Top Tec 6200 (508 00 Spec) 5 Liter
Maintenace Videos for your MK8 GTI from DAP - Coming soon
- How to Change your Oil
- How to Change your Oil without a Lift
- How to Reset your Service Light
- How to Change your Cabin (Pollen) Filter
- How to Change your Spark Plugs
- How to Change your Serpentine Belt
- How to Service your Manual Transmission
- How to Change your Front Wipers
- How to Change your Rear Wiper
- How to Perform a PP/Sport Diff Service
- How to Perform a Brake Flush
- How to Check your Brakes
MK8 GTI Service Schedule as Per VW's Requirements
|Oil an Filter Change|
|Cabin (Pollen) Filter Replacement|
|DSG Trans Fluid Service|
Manual Trans Fluid Service
Spark Plug Replacement
Engine Air Filter
Sport/ PP Diff Service
As per VW every 3yrs
|Brake Fluid Flush - 1st flush after 3 years, every 2 years for every following flush|
Serpentine Belt - Check belt and replace as needed
* Recommended per DAP
* As per Audi
Please note: The information we have listed above reflects the parts and or fluids that carry a recommended interval for replacement. It is always recomened to go over the vehicle thoroughly when servicing. VW has recommended intervals for inspecting items, like coolant levels/condition, axles, ball joints, hinges, lighting and many others. It is our estimation that these items should always be checked once a vehicle reaches higher mileage to ensure proper operation of your vehicle during every service.
Here is a quick reference guide for MK8 GTI Maintenance Parts
MK8 GTI DSG Service Kits