Service Schedule for MK8 Golf R
Looking for the service manual requirements for your VW MK8 Golf R? We put together a quick and easy list of what is required at each service interval. The list shown below is 100% as per Volkswagen's recommended interval. Most MK8 Golf R owners who are meticulous about maintaining their vehicle will change their oil every 5k miles instead of 10k. Doing this is a matter of preference and you should consider doing what you believe to be the best choice for you.
What should I make sure I do if I am doing my own MK8 Golf R maintenance?
If you have decided to maintain your own vehicle you should be sure to do a few things.
- Keep meticulous service records including mileage, date and proof of purchase of the parts. This is important because if you ever run into a warranty issue they may ask you for service records. Failing to produce these could result in a denial of a warranty claim.
- Make sure you are using oil that meets the required spec. As per the owners manual you can use 0w-30 but the oil must meet the required Volkswagen Spec of "VW 504 00". All of our MK8 Golf R maintenance kits include oil that meets or exceeds this spec.
- Oil 0w-30 OEM VW Oil (504 00 Spec) 1 qt
- Oil 0w-30 Motul Specific (504 00 Spec) 1 Liter
- Oil 0w-30 Motul Specific (504 00 Spec) 5 Liter
Maintenace Videos for your MK8 Golf R from DAP - Coming soon
- How to Change your Oil without a Lift
- How to Reset your Service Light
- How to Change your Cabin (Pollen) Filter
- How to Change your Spark Plugs
- How to Change your Serpentine Belt
- How to Service your Manual Transmission
- How to Change your Front Wipers
- How to Change your Rear Wiper
- How to Perform a Torque Vector Diff Service
- How to Perform a Brake Flush
- How to Check your Brakes
MK8 Golf R Service Schedule as Per VW's Requirements
|Oil an Filter Change|
|Cabin (Pollen) Filter Replacement|
7 Speed DSG Trans Fluid Service
Manual Trans Fluid Service
Torque Vector Diff Service
Spark Plug Replacement
Engine Air Filter
|Brake Fluid Flush - 1st flush after 3 years, every 2 years for every following flush|
Cabin Filter - Every 2 Years or 40k Miles (as per VW)
Spark Plugs - Check every 40k and Replace Every 4 years regardless of mileage (as per VW)
Air Filter - Check every 60k and Replace every 6 years regardless of mileage (as per VW)
Serpentine Belt - Check belt and replace as needed (as per VW)
Torque Vector Diff Service - 2 years or 20k, Diff fluid can be checked with scan tool
* Recommended per DAP
* As per Audi
Here is a quick reference guide for MK8 Golf R Maintenance Parts
MK8 Golf R Oil Change Kit with Oil Filter and Motul Oil
MK8 Golf R DSG Service Kits