Service Schedule for MK7 GTI (2015, 2016, 2017)
Looking for the service manual requirements for your VW MK7 GTI? We put together a quick and easy list of what is required at each service interval. The list shown below is 100% as per Volkswagen's recommended interval. Most MK7 owners who are meticulous about maintaining their vehicle will change their oil every 5k miles instead of 10k. Doing this is a matter of preference and you should consider doing what you believe to be the best choice for you.
What should I make sure I do if I am doing my own MK7 GTI maintenance?
If you have decided to maintain your own vehicle you should be sure to do a few things.
- Keep meticulous service records including mileage, date and proof of purchase of the parts. This is important because if you ever run into a warranty issue they may ask you for service records. Failing to produce these could result in a denial of a warranty claim.
- Make sure you are using oil that meets the required spec. As per the owners manual you can use 5w-30 or 5w-40 but the oil must meet the required Volkswagen Spec of "VW 502 00". All of our MK7 GTI maintenance kits include oil that meets or exceeds this spec.
Maintenace Videos for your MK7 GTI from DAP
- How to Change your Oil
- How to Change your Oil without a Lift
- How to Reset your Service Light
- How to Change your Cabin (Pollen) Filter
- How to Change your Spark Plugs
- How to Change your Serpentine Belt
- How to Service your Manual Transmission
- How to Change your Front Wipers
- How to Change your Rear Wiper
- How to Perform a PP/Sport Diff Service
- How to Perform a Brake Flush
- How to Check your Brakes
MK7 GTI Service Schedule as Per VW's Requirements
|Oil an Filter Change|
|Cabin (Pollen) Filter Replacement|
|DSG Trans Fluid Service|
Manual Trans Fluid Service
Spark Plug Replacement
Engine Air Filter
Sport/ PP Diff Service
|Brake Fluid Flush - 1st flush after 3 years, every 2 years for every following flush|
Serpentine Belt - Check belt and replace as needed
* Recommended per DAP
* As per Audi
Please note: The information we have listed above reflects the parts and or fluids that carry a recommended interval for replacement. It is always recomened to go over the vehicle thoroughly when servicing. VW has recommended intervals for inspecting items, like coolant levels/condition, axles, ball joints, hinges, lighting and many others. It is our estimation that these items should always be checked once a vehicle reaches higher mileage to ensure proper operation of your vehicle during every service.
Here is a quick reference guide for MK7 GTI Maintenance Parts
MK7 GTI DSG Service Kits