Service Schedule for MK7.5 Golf R (2018, 2019)
Looking for the service manual requirements for your 2018-2019 VW MK7.5 Golf R? We put together a quick and easy list of what is required at each service interval. The list shown below is 100% as per Volkswagen's recommended interval. Most MK7 owners who are meticulous about maintaining their vehicle will change their oil every 5k miles instead of 10k. Doing this is a matter of preference and you should consider doing what you believe to be the best choice for you.
What should I make sure I do if I am doing my own MK7.5 Golf R maintenance?
If you have decided to maintain your own vehicle you should be sure to do a few things.
- Keep meticulous service records including mileage, date and proof of purchase of the parts. This is important because if you ever run into a warranty issue they may ask you for service records. Failing to produce these could result in a denial of a warranty claim.
- Make sure you are using oil that meets the required spec. As per the owners manual the oil must meet the required Volkswagen Spec of "VW 502 00" or "504 00" depending on the engine.
Maintenace Videos for your MK7.5 Golf R from DAP
- How to Change your Oil
- How to Change your Oil without a Lift
- How to Reset your Service Light
- How to Change your Cabin (Pollen) Filter
- How to Change your Spark Plugs
- How to Change your Serpentine Belt
- How to Service your Manual Transmission
- How to Change your Front Wipers
- How to Change your Rear Wiper
- How to Perform a Brake Flush
- How to Check your Brakes
MK7.5 Golf R Service Schedule as Per VW's Requirements
|Oil an Filter Change|
|Cabin (Pollen) Filter Replacement|
7 Speed DSG Trans Fluid Service
Manual Trans Fluid Service
Haldex Oil Change
Spark Plug Replacement
Engine Air Filter
|Brake Fluid Flush - 1st flush after 3 years, every 2 years for every following flush|
Cabin Filter - Every 2 Years or 40k Miles (as per VW)
Spark Plugs - Check every 40k and Replace Every 4 years regardless of mileage (as per VW)
Air Filter - Check every 60k and Replace every 6 years regardless of mileage (as per VW)
Serpentine Belt - Check belt and replace as needed (as per VW)
* Recommended per DAP
* As per Audi
Please note: The information we have listed above reflects the parts and or fluids that carry a recommended interval for replacement. It is always recomened to go over the vehicle thoroughly when servicing. VW has recommended intervals for inspecting items, like coolant levels/condition, axles, ball joints, hinges, lighting and many others. It is our estimation that these items should always be checked once a vehicle reaches higher mileage to ensure proper operation of your vehicle during every service.
Here is a quick reference guide for MK7.5 Golf R Maintenance Parts
MK7.5 Golf R Oil Change Kit with Oil Filter, Drain Plug and Vaico Oil - 502 00 Spec Oil - for 2018 Golf R
MK7.5 Golf R Oil Change Kit with Oil Filter, Drain Plug and Motul Oil - 502 00 Spec Oil - for 2018 Golf R
MK7.5 Golf R Oil Change Kit with Oil Filter, Drain Plug and Liquimoly Oil - 502 00 Spec Oil - for 2018 Golf R
MK7 Golf R Dust and Cabin Filter OEM - Perform Every 20k Miles (qty required 1)
MK7 Golf R DSG Service Kits
MK7.5 Golf R 7 Speed DSG Kit -
MK7 Golf R Manual Trans Mission Fluid - No Recommended Interval as per VW
MK7 Golf R Halex Oil - Perform Every 30k Miles (qty required 1)
MK7 Golf R Spark Plug - Perform Every 60k Miles (qty required 4)
MK7 Golf R Air Filter - Perform Every 60k Miles (qty required 1)
MK7 Golf R OEM VW Brake Fluid - Perform Every 2-3 years (qty required 2)
MK7 Golf R High Performance Brake Fluid (RBF600) - Perform Every 2-3 years (qty required 2)