VW MK7 Oil Change DIY with DAP Oil Change Kit
Changing the oil on your MK7 GTI or Golf R is exceptionally important to keep your vehicle properly maintained. While this service interval on these cars is every 10k miles many VW enthusiast prefer changing their oil more frequently. Doing this will help ensure that you are maximizing the longevity of the 2.0t engine in your MK7.
Tools Required for the MK7 Oil Change
- MK7 Oil Filter Socket
- Medium Flat Head Screw Driver
- 6" extension
- Oil Drain Pan
- Oil Funnel (or you can cut the back off the 1L bottle and use that as a funnel as shown in the video)
Looking for Oil Change Kits for your MK7?
- 5W-40 Castrol Edge (Factory Oil)
- 5W-40 LiquiMoly (Performance)
- 5W-40 Motul 8100 X-cess (Performance)
Here we have a video DIY we shot showing how to change the oil on a MK7 GTI.
Share this post
About the Author
Father | Husband | Ex Dealer Technician | VW Parts Savant | Chipotle Enthusiast