CTS Turbo - BB-550 Hybrid Turbocharger | MQB Platform (2015+)
CTS TURBO BB-550 Hybrid Turbocharger for MQB Platform (2015+)
We are proud to announce the release of our premium ball-bearing hybrid turbo with stainless steel exhaust housing for 2015+ MQB platform vehicles.
This high-performance hybrid turbo was designed by CTS engineers to fulfill the demand from customers who desire a direct-bolt-on turbo for their existing IS12, IS20 or IS38 turbocharger. Instead of trying to stuff a CHRA from a Mitsubishi into a factory housing; we re-designed and cast our proprietary STAINLESS STEEL exhaust housing to accommodate a larger turbine wheel. The compressor cover was also custom made and profiled to accept a very popular TD06 Billet compressor wheel, this ensures the turbocharger can reliably handle 30+ PSI. We upgraded the CHRA to a dual-ball bearing which is made from heat-resistant ceramic. Finally, we finished the assembly by balancing it on a VSR high-speed balancer.
This is a brand new turbocharger; no core or long wait times are required. Simply swap over your actuator and turbo outlet fitting for installation. Software tuning is required and it is available from most tuners.
- Complete brand new turbocharger; no need for core to be sent it or purchased
- Dual ceramic ball bearing direct-fit CHRA (compatible with all factory oil and coolant lines)
- Billet MHI-style TD06 compressor wheel
- High performance 9 blade turbine wheel
- Stainless steel turbine housing
- VSR Balanced to exceed OE tolerances
- Compatible with most tuning solutions for hybrid turbos (United Motorsport, Eurodyne, COBB)
- Compatible with OE or replacement wastegate actuators (CTS-WGA-200 actuator recommended)
- Compatible with OE or aftermarket turbo inlets and turbo outlets
- 2015+ VW Golf/Sportwagen/Alltrack
- 2015+ VW GTI
- 2015+ VW Golf R
- 2019+ VW Jetta GLI
- 2018+ VW Arteon
- 2015+ Audi A3
- 2015+ Audi S3
- 2015+ Audi TT
- 2015+ Audi TTS
NOTE: Always follow the proper procedure for checking/adjusting the wastegate actuator when installing the turbo! Always replace engine oil.
Gaskets, wastegate actuator, turbo outlet fitting not included.
|Shipping||Ships Directly from Supplier|
|Vehicle Application Data||